Monday 19 March 2012

First Attempt at Garlic

Last year my boyfriend Zac bought some Garlic plants that had already been started off, at the local garden centre. I planted them in one of the large pots, but they never seemed to do anything. Eventually they all died off except one, which just wouldn't give up.

This ended up in a pot on its own and left over winter and a couple of weeks ago it started to look a little bit straggly, so I took the bulb out to dry out and this is what I was left with.

                                                                       Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: March 2012

More Garlic has been planted for late last year, so hopefully attempt number two will be a lot better.


1 comment:

  1. I always have trouble with garlic the bulbs never seem to get very big, until last year then they grew to a decent size, I don't think I did anything different - growing veg is a puzzle sometimes.

    ReplyDelete