Thursday 29 March 2012

Aloe Vera - New Shoots

My Aloe Vera plant hasn't been looking too good lately, but I noticed the other day that there was three new shoots coming off the plant, which I carefully re-potted over the weekend, hopefully these will survive. I mixed the old soil from the plant with some of the vegetable compost, which will hopefully give them a little feed to encourage some growth.

                                                          Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: March 2012

As for the old plant I'm hopeing to save the nurishing liquid from its leaves, as its great for burns and other healing methods... I just have to figure out how to do this, so I guess I'll be hitting the old gardening herb books, as well as my new book Grow Your Own Drugs by James Wong, to see how I can use this.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for looking at my blog. I've enjoyed looking at yours too. I was interested to see that you work in film as I work in the television industry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking at mine as well, how funny, maybe us media types like nothing more than escaping the madness our officers and doing something a little more calmer like growing veg

      Delete