Wednesday 22 August 2012

New Herb for Me: Vietnamese Coriander

The last couple of times I've been to my local garden centre, which I only discovered last year, they didn't seem to have a large variety of plants, but this might have been due to the summer season ending.

A couple of weekends ago I headed down there to find a great variety of flower plants, vegetables, trees including fruit and a large section full of herbs, some of which I never thought I'd see there, including the Vietnamese Coriander plant which I picked up for £1.49.

I've done a little research on this, and I found that some other buyers have struggled to look after this plant as it is meant for a much hotter climate, so it is best to bring this in doors once the cooler weather comes in, so I'm looking forward to seeing if I manage to keep this alive. It also needs a lot of water, as I found out over the last hot weekend.

                                                                    Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: 21 August 2012

1 comment: