Friday 10 August 2012

First Round Courgette

This year I decided to try a different variety of Courgette, instead of just planting a few of the normal long variety, 'All Green Bush', I also planted some round ones called 'Tondo di Piacenza', which came free in a garden magazine I bought.

Last year I had a bad experience with my 'All Green Bush' Courgettes, out of four plants they only produced one Courgette, which was very dissappointing. But I hoped I could do better this year with two varieties and I also placed these nearer to the front of the balcony, so they could get more sun.

                                                                     Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: August 2012
The round variety were actually put in a hanging basket, and the results have been great, I currently have several Courgettes coming through, which I am so happy about, they obviously love the hanging basket. The normal long variety plant is in a pot near to the front of the balcony and this has tons of flowers on, which have just started to open, so fingers crossed I'll have some Courgettes coming through soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment