Tuesday 1 November 2011

My Sisters Spicy Tomato Soup

When I told my family about the Cook Book I wanted to create, they started to come up with a few recipes I could use, with ingredients we all grow in our gardens. My twin sister Lisa came up with this Spicy Tomato Soup recipe, which she loves to make and as we all always have a ton of Tomatoes, this is idea for the book.

I did have to tweak the recipe a little, swopping chicken stock for vegetable and chorizo sausage for kosher sausage, as my boyfriend is Jewish and we keep a kosher home, but these were just small changes and I'm sure it'll taste just as good.
                                                       Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: Oct 2011

For the soup I firstly added the olive oil, Onion, Garlic, Ginger & Chili and heated till they became soft, stirring occasionally. The cumin and sausage were then added and cooked for a minute or so, the Tomatoes, stock and salt & pepper were then added and all brought to a boil. The mixture was then simmered for 20 minutes, taken off the heat and left to cool over night. I then blitzed the ingredients to a texture I wanted, poured into sealable bags and put into the freezer for a later date. Alternatively this can be eaten and enjoyed straight away, with a little bit of cream if need be.
                                                       Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: Oct 2011

Spicy Tomato Soup
x12-15 Tomatoes
x1 Large Onion
x2 Garlic Cloves
x2 tsp Ginger
x1 tsp Chili Peppers
half tsp Cumin
2 & half Cups Vegetable Stock or about 450 ml
x3 tbsp Olive Oil
Chorizo Sausage or Kosher Sausage
Salt & Pepper
(could add bell peppers too if want)
Cream if needed

Pour & Store Bags

No comments:

Post a Comment