Monday 1 August 2011

Pulling Carrots

The time has come, tonight I pulled up the Carrots that have been growing since February. After pushing away some of the dirt surrounding the Carrots to check that they had turned orange, I then slowly pulled one of the Carrots to check it had grown correctly. I was so excited to find they had and then slowly and carefully pulled the rest out.

                                                                                    Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: August 2011

This is the first ever batch I have grown and I chose a small variety just to see if I could grow these in a pot on the balcony. After I pulled these, the Carrots were then washed and the green leaves cut off, I can't wait to cook these and see how they taste.

I already have a new variety ready to start sowing for the winter.

                                                                    Photo: Laura Lunt  Date: August 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment