Sunday 12 June 2011

The Beginning of My Garden 2011

Gardening has been something I've been interested in and dabbling in for many years. Living in London I've found it very challenging, as many of the places I've lived in, mainly flats with small balconies, are not ideal for growing fruit and vegetables. But with a little imagination and some research, I've managed to grow many things in very small places, in tubs, pots and hanging baskets.

My inspiration for this years garden, came from my idea to create a cook book. I wanted to put together a book of my favorite recipes, simple dishes containing foods I love to eat and all of which contain the fruit and vegetables I love to grow in my garden or my Little Balcony.

I've created this blog to follow the creation of my first cook book 'The Little Balcony: Cook Book' and along with it, how I've grown the fruit and vegetables which will be used in these recipes.